Cirrus, Bacon and Potato Casserole
- Russet or Yukon Gold potatoes – the recipe calls for 2, but we’re starting to get new potatoes which are smaller, so 1 plus pound
- 3 slices bacon (Clark Farms or other regional)
- 1 wheel of Mt. Townsend Cirrus cheese
- Olive oil, salt, pepper
Here’s what you do with them:
- Boil potatoes and slice into pieces, if they’re new potatoes just cut in half.
- Cut bacon into pieces and fry until crispy. Save the bacon grease.
- Slice cheese into 1/4 inch pieces. It may be a bit soft so you might be tearing rather than slicing.
- Coat bottom of casserole dish or dutch oven with bacon grease.
- Layer potato, bacon, and cheese. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake in 350′ oven for 15 minutes, broil uncovered until brown.
Serve with a salad of seasonal greens and dinner’s on the table!