Spring at the market! (Photo by Alex Williams)
It’s farmer’s market season again! Here are some of the things you could find at the Poulsbo Farmers Market last Saturday.
- Starts: dill, lettuce, kale, kohlrabi, squash, marigold, sunflowers, tomatoes.
- Fresh produce:kale, mixed lettuce greens, big juicy radishes. Overwintered potatoes and brand new leeks; overwintered apples and spring rhubarb.
- Protein:Eggs, chicken, lamb.
- Staples:Wheat flour, corn meal, dried beans.
- Handcrafted food: ice cream, pastry, salsa and tamales. Eggs scrambled while you wait and pizza baked on the spot.
- Beauty: cut flowers for the vase on the table!